13 April 2011

summery frocks and all the pretty mint



I think mint color is stalking me lately. Here’s the thing;
I paint a chair in robin’s egg blue with white polka dots and next moment I regret cause I didn’t paint it mint. With polka dots. I am attendee of découpage workshop and I bring the wooden jewelry box with me. Lady talks about crack, lavenders and olives and rolls eyes over vintage and girly œuvres d’art, which my mate and me made. And I mix white acrylic paint with blue and I get the pale blue. Again I wish I made a mint background. Why I make such a terrible mistakes when all I ever wanted is the flat in Notting Hill area with mint kitchen, vintage lace curtains and polka dot tea set. Even my boyfriend when you wake him up in the middle of the night and ask for the flat, answers in a minute; “Mint kitchen! vintage lace curtains! polka dot china! big brass bed! floral wallpapers in the bedroom!”

SUMMERY MINT DRESSES; ONE IN 60S STYLE FROM ETSY SHOP BOHEMIAN BISOUX; 20S STYLE DRESS FROM CLEVER NETTLE, ETSY;
MINT TELEPHONE, KITCHEN, MINT NAIL POLISH CHANEL LE VERNIS 407 JADE

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, mint! I'm going to buy a bicycle in mint very soon. One of the best colors! x

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

Mint, the stalker. He needs to stop falling into our earthly wants... wonderful post! the mint dress with lace details is so precious.

sugarhoneybaby said...

Love mint!:)

ljupka said...

<3
jako je sladak ovaj blog!
obožavam mint boju:*

Aileen Kim said...

oh you are not the only one who has fallen into the traps of that cunning mint!!! Am seriously contemplating on painting one of our bedroom wall mint (which is currently in flaming red!)...love these photos by the way and am wishing i have that lovely mint dress!

Maya • Fashion Illustration blog said...

I see you have trained him well master! :-))))

Mint is pretty magical. It has the freshness and romance of pastel colours but still isn't too sweet as a lot of them can be.


xxxx

M

fashioneggpplant said...

such a sweet color, reminds me of the 50's. been wanting to paint my living room walls robin's egg or tiffany blue :)

Vale ♥ said...

Bought a mint color cardigan a few days ago. I am totally in love with this color !

http://fashionandcookies.blogspot.com

Cait said...

This is my favourite colour right now, I love to pair it with a dusky pink. I wish I could wear it but alas my colouring disagrees, instead I'm filling my house with it.

Your blog is an instant favourite... lets me friends!

Cait x

noone said...

love the mint colored items! speaking of mint, I loveeee mint chocolate ice cream haha, have a great friday!

Nana said...

your obssession with mint green is so cute! and justified, too - it's such a pretty color :)

Cassidy said...

What a great color! I think I need to buy some clothing pieces this color. It's absolutely ideal for spring.

breakdowntown said...

jako zanimljiva boja, ali meni nikako ne stoji. :/

Marina said...

so sweet!!!

xx Marina

Heather said...

I am absolutely in looove with that jade Chanel nail polish!

Emelie said...

Light pastels - do we really need some other colours? Goes perfect to my red hair too!