05 February 2013

Q&A with photographer Vikky Ivie


Vikky Ivie is London-based analogue photographer whose work has been published on Photo Vogue IT, The Pet Fan Club, Noctis, SYN, Zeum, and Glacier. With delicate colors and serene atmosphere that are synchronized together in rhapsody of loveliness, Vikky creates whimsical stories that look like they popped up out of some lost time of indulgence. And somehow you get an idea that intention of these tender and fragile fairytales is fĂȘte of female beauty and its power and indulgence. Misslikey asked charming and talented Vikky to tell us a few things about herself and her work… 

Dear Vikky, can you tell us how did you get into photography? 
I have always been interested in fashion and photography, but I personally started taking photos about 5 years ago, but my mum always tells me I used to take photos on disposable cameras when I was a toddler.

Are there any photographers whose work you admire? 
Yes, there are so many I love, in particular Deborah Turbeville, Sarah Moon, Paolo Roversi.

If you could live in any decade, which would you choose and why?
I would have to say the 1700's in France, in the reign of Marie Antoinette. I love anything to do with her. Although I would also say early Victorian London, I always wish when that London still looked like that, stepping into the set of Great Expectations, or Sweeney Todd.

In which publications you would love to see your work? 
I would love to see my work in Material Girl and Lula, these are my favourites :)

If you could describe your photographs in three words, what would they be? 
Whimsical, haunting and melancholic.

 If you could pick one song to describe your photographs, what would it be?
This is a tough one, im not too sure really, but I think that a romantic piano melody would fit quite well; Claude Debussy, Claire De Lune


….And you prefer….. 

 Analogue or Digital photography?
....Analogue - always.
 Dawn or Dusk? ...Dusk, I think it’s more magical.
Professional models or Friends? 
...Professional models, although there are a specific 2 friends I have who I love.
Planned setting or spontaneous one?
...Planned, I always plan.
Working with stylists or styling by yourself?
...Styling by myself, although I have worked with one particular stylist who was lovely and did everything I would, so sometimes it's nice to work with someone else. :)

Find Vikky Ivie on Facebook

2 comments:

Katie Frank said...

wow shes amazing photographer and photoshoot with her is like a dream!

HighlandFling said...

I have never heard of this photographer, her work is amazing though! It is so different and dream like.

Thanks for sharing!

Em x