02 June 2013

Decor love...Berså

Lately I’ve been crazy about many lovely things that come from Scandinavia. Among those Scandinavian objects of lust, Gustavsberg porcelain china from period of Stig Lindberg is on top of the list. Stig was one of Sweden’s most important post-war designers and during his long career as Gustavsberg’s Art Director (from 1937 till 1980) he left a vast heritage of charming and unique tableware lines. 
Probably my favorite pattern of china designed by Lindberg is Berså that today is collector’s item and most iconic china pattern from Gustavsberg factory. The simple and clean green leaf design on white china that was originally manufactured by Gustavsberg from 1960 to 1974, embellishes many Scandinavian homes today. 
Since it is very rare, it’s hard to find original Berså in good condition and that reflects on the price. It’s pricy to collect Scandinavian design, but especially this one so you will pay $148 for teacup and saucer at Angelucci, $139 for Berså side plate at Etsy and for pitcher more than $200. This is nothing comparing to Berså teapot that costs more than $1000. 
I don’t have any other choice but to continue admiring photographs from my Scandinavian Insta-Friends. Please tell me I am not alone in this!!! 

p.s. stay updated the next week – I prepared a little collage with my fav Stig Lindberg's china designs for Gustavsberg. One more thing! You know I was always shy with the follow!! thing, but recently I've created facebook page for this little fashion blog, so it would be nice of you if you like it. Or facebook is out of vogue currently? Tell me, teach me!


Charming Berså with simple leaf design would fit in in every home.

3 comments:

Katie Frank said...

those are so simple but so unique <3 don't you think? :)

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

little henry lee said...

what a cute pattern! i'd love to have a whole matching kitchen set one day, they'd look so cute all together. i think i'll probably end up with a lot of mismatched second hand pretty ones though, it seems like a much cheaper option!

little henry lee

Leeloo said...

Volim tvoj blog zato što, iako ne gajimo ljubav prema istim stilovima, u tvojim postovima uvijek nađem nešto što mi se sviđa,mislim da je to dovoljna potvrda koliko je misslikey čarobno mjesto :)

p.s. jeeeeeeej za fejs page!