24 February 2013

New York Fashion Week Fall Winter 2013


In these days when photographs from fashion weeks are popping up everywhere, for fashion lovers (including me) who are not able to see the shows in personal this complete excitement can be little annoying. Images rarely give the full portrait of fashion show, the clothes and all the details that are crucial in many ways. Although many sites that cover fashion weeks provide images of details and live streaming, usually this is the case with major shows, which I reckon it’s pretty unfair for emerging designers. 
I almost gave up so many times from my examination of this jungle of images from fashion shows, but even If I am not obligated to see the show or I don’t have a gig for article or review fashion is an excitement that I cannot resist. 
I love to see a good fashion show. Good fashion show gives me butterflies. I love to catch a glimpse of good old passion that is substituted by profit quite often nowadays. These butterflies remind me why I chose career in fashion. They remind of my early teenager days when I used to run from the school after the ring of the bell to record on VHS tapes my favourite fashion shows. I used to get butterflies so often in those days, despite the fact that fashion trends of the 1990s were awfully ugly. 
From hundreds of shows that fashion designers presented during New York Fashion Week for fall 2013, Delpozo show was one of those that gave me butterflies. Josep Font, creative director of this Madrid-based label that is newcomer on New York Fashion Week used embellishments and architectural forms to create a modern Victorian era of our days. (Delpozo was founded in 1974 by famous Spanish fashion designer Jesus del Pozo.) 
Honor this year left me breathless. Giovanna Randall, the designer, created feminine silhouettes that were many times embellished with crystals and stylist Leith Clark wrapped up everything in perfect ensembles adorned with pointed flats and white hosiery. 
Above in the collage are the rest of my butterflies’ creators. Suno, Karen Walker, Creatures of Comfort, Band of Outsiders, Lauren Moffat, Tocca etc. reminded me once again why I love the fashion.

No comments: